; />

Sunday 29 August 2010

Lancôme’s Tropiques Minerale

As most of you will probably know I’m getting into my bronzer at the moment, so I’ve been routing through my stash and I cam across Lancôme’s Tropiques Minerale in 01 “ocre doree” & I realised I hadn’t reviewed this little beauty :)
I mentioned this in one of my products I’m loving right now kinda post(quite a while ago though!), and I just want to tell you my thoughts on properly =]

First off there are four different shades, all of which look pretty scary to me, but when applied and buffed in properly I think they’re all very wearable.
There’s no shimmer, glitter, flecks of gold or anything like that but it’s not matte either. When its on my skin the only way I can describe it is natural- prefect for getting a natural ‘glow’.

I’ve used this a few times without foundation and used it on and off for nearly a year with foundation, both with and without foundation it lasts about 4hours and then starts to rapidly disappear. So I’m not really sure I’d call it ‘long lasting’ like its advertised, it lasts a fair amount of time but I need to top it up during the day.

I’m always a little wary of mineral products – I’ve had a few nasty experiences with them breaking my out, but I can safely say this hasn’t broken me out or irritated my skin once : )

hopefully you can see the rosy undertones here – finally something that doesn’t oxidise to an orange blob :p
It is really pricey at £33 (mine was a gift!) especially as you don’t seem to get that but product, however I find a little goes a long way with this, and I’ve barely made a dent in it & I’ve been using it several times a week for about a year now so it really does last!
I probably will repurchase as for days when I want a very muted look – not shimmer or glow, this does a great job of making me sun kissed not orange : )

this is one of those products that grows on you over time – I was never really amazed with it… I just thought it was ok, but it’s one of my go to products :)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It’s been over a week since I last posted, & those of you who follow me on twitter probably all ready know why but my cat was hit by a car a few days ago.. I’d had him for 6 years and it just left me REALLY not in the mood to blog… But don’t worry I’ll be getting right back into it…

RIP

13 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. My heart goes to you. My kitties are like my babies so I know this can't be easy.

Anonymous said...

It broke my heart to read about your kitty :( I'm so sorry hun, hope you feel a bit better soon xxx

Jade Purple Brown said...

im really sorry, and i hope you feel better.

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

so sorry for your kitty :( May the great and beautiful memories of him bring you a smile everyday, hope you are feeling better

Sarah said...

Oh I am So so so sorry to hear about you cat. You poor thing :( My thoughts are with you x

Unknown said...

I'm always missing your post when I look on the dashboard! :[ That colour looks good. It's a bit similar to my Lancome bronzer. I bought it for £30. So pricey! Oh no, sorry about your cat. Do feel better soon. x

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh great review, if I wasnt so bad with makeup I would try it XD
And oh no!! Your poor kitty :( RIP
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

LadyBugSays ... said...

So sorry to hear about your cat :( That bronzer looks so pretty. Let me know if you get anything from Gift Girls, don't forget to use the discount code GG1258. Google reader for some reason hasn't shown any of your blog updates from the last 2 months! I'm going to have to go back and read it!!

DinaXYYan said...

Aww, so sorry for you loss...

joana said...

What an amazing color, and what a BEAUTIFUL cat

Emma said...

omg so sorry to hear that :(! I totally understand not being in the mood to blog cats really are part of the family <3 xxx

nana said...

Im so sorry about your adorable cat :-(

I dont really recommend this mascara. Im sure you could find something much better for less of the cost!
I also usually leave them to dry for a few weeks, but this one doesnt really dry much, at all :-P
x

Erica said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss ; (