; />

Monday 5 September 2011

Good Things

I was sent these two products a few weeks ago from a relatively new company which you don’t hear that much about – Good Things. The basic idea is their products supply the same quality of skincare as other brands but without all the nasty ingredients. So it’s free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oils and animal ingredients which is great, it’s also meant to be full of natural ingredients to ‘boost’ your skin.

Face the Day moisturiser 100 ml -£7.99
This is my lleast favourite of the two purely because the scent is too much for me. It is lovely and hydrating though and works quite nicely under foundations and tinted moisturisers. It’s the sort of cream I’ll reach for during transitional months (so autumn and spring when my skin can’t make up its mind what to do!) and it does have UV filters which is a great added bonus

Bright Eyes Eyecream 15ml - £5.99
It’s a good standard eye cream which would work really well for someone who doesn’t really have any issues with their under eyes and is just looking for light soothing moisture, for me though I feel like I need more nourishment from my eye cream as my under eyes are my main hold up and need a fair bit of TLC
Both of these smell delicious and fruity however for me that’s a double edged sword. I don’t mind the strong scent in my eye cream as my eyes aren’t sensitive but I feel like that strong a scent is better suited to a body lotion over a face cream and I generally feel uncomfortable applying as surely something that strongly scented is the result of perfumes and added fragrance which doesn’t really appeal

Overall I doubt I’ll purchase these two again but not because I don’t like them, I do, I just don’t love them as they’re not quite right for me. I do think they’re worth the money though as they’d be perfect for someone who is just getting into skincare, who doesn’t want to spend too much and just wants something that isn’t too drying or too moisturising to introduce them into skin care

Have any of you given Good Things a go? I'm tempted to give their face masks a go!

Hope this has been helpful!! x

21 comments:

Rachael Jane said...

I bought a couple of products from this line a few weeks ago and was going to do a review, but i hated them so much i decided not to, pretty sure they broke me out, gutted! x

Unknown said...

i use Good Things, day cream, night cream, polish and cleanser- I Swear by this brand!! They didn't break me out and leave my skin super smooth :) xxx

Anonymous said...

My skin's been a bit grot recently, due to being unwell, and I bought Good Things' purifying cleanser earlier today. I've tried it and my skin already feels and looks better, plus the scent of mango and blueberries is gorge! xx

Shang J. said...

Great and honest review. I really like the look of them. And I am a sucker for cute things. ;)
P.S. Awesome that I could help you with your birthday gift. :P
XX

Radiant Make Up said...

@rachinald so glad I'm not the only one who isn't in love with this range :) I don't hate these they're just not suited to my skin

@Jenny and grace I just dong think these two were right for my skin, tempted to try some of their other products though!

Thanks for commenting!! x

Anna said...

That looks great! Will check it out, but my skin is really sensitive!
Also, do you have PS3? :) if you do, add me ! my add is angellicaz

<3

Shop N' Chomp said...

Have not heard of this brand but I'm surprised that a line made without those chemicals would add fragrance to it. Thanks for the review, darling!

Winnie said...

I haven't been using eye cream...but I've always had a couple of testers that I usually get as samples when I buy creams. I've actually never heard of this brand!

Bonnie said...

I am so glad that you posted a review of this product. Eye cream is really important, in my opinion. I use Clinique's eye cream because it is hypoallergenic, but this stuff sounds really good, too.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Magdalena said...

I haven't heard about those products but thanks for sharing your honest opinion! Currently I am using face creams from Yves Rocher which are really good!

Have a lovely day, honey!! xoxoxo

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Never heard of these products before, great review :) x

Radiant Make Up said...

@Shop N' Chomp So am I. I can't find any of the obvious frgrances listed in the ingredients but I'm sure that strong a scent isn't natural!

@Bonnie The clinique eye creams are so far my favourite too! and i definately think a good eye cream is essential :)

Thanks for commenting!! x

noone said...

ya i agree, strong scents is better for body lotion as well, but it's nice that the product smells strongly nice I suppose :D

Cherry said...

I got sent one of their body butters not long ago and it was lovely!

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Wow, they do sound great, nice review. I lobe your photo that you add to the blog! XOXO

Josie said...

What a great review -- I'm not big on strong scents for my facial products either.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Radiant Make Up said...

@venusinvirgo thank you, I sent sure whether to post it but I though you might like to see what I look like lol!

@popchampagne & josie strong scents definately aren't for me for skin care, I can imagine their body products are lovely though :)

Thanks for commenting!! x

Maddy said...

I recently did a little review on good things on my blog, I agree about the strong fragrances but I quite like it personally!
xo
  Madison's Assortment

Kim said...

I love the design on the packaging, so cute! and I've been desperately searching for good eye cream WITHOUT parabens and propylene glycol. Could you please tell me where can I buy this online? thank you so much =D

Unknown said...

Never heard of it, but thanks for sharing.

Marie said...

Thanks for your honest review. I have yet to try this brand.


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com