; />

Thursday 22 September 2011

Snap Happy


If you follow me on Twitter you probably already know what this post is about, and you’re also probably fed up of hearing me talk about it, but I finally got myself a new camera! & I’m so excited to start doing posts with it, but I only picked it up on Tuesday so I’ve still got rather a lot to sort out but here it is…
It’s an entry level DSLR and I’m not going to get into everything too much as I know a lot of you really won’t be too interested but it’s a Canon EOS 1000D and at the moment it’s with an 18-55mm lens although I am thinking about maybe getting a different one in the near future..
But obviously I’m not a professional and although it’s actually quite easy to use once you read through the instruction guide (which I suggest you do as there’s a little more to it than simply ‘point and shoot’) so don’t expect amazing photos all of a sudden but you should start to notice some better quality photos and swatches soon!
Like I said I've been playing around with it trying to make sure I know how to get the focus right.. I think I'll stop rambling on now, but I just wanted to show you all as I'm so excited about it (i think I'm begining to annoy family and friends as I'm constantly taking photos)
I'm also starting my new job on Saturday so I'll be even busier than I am at the moment but hopefully within the next week or so I'll get back into a routine as I have so many things to blog about but just not enough hours in the day! 
And i thought I'd finish with a little picture of my old camera which is finally retired!
.
Hope you've enjoyed!! x

18 comments:

A Butterfly by Day said...

Congratulations on your new camera! We love our Canon cameras too I hope you enjoy shooting with it:)
xx
abutterflybyday.com

Kim said...

waah u bught Canon 1000D, that's nice, I love it. I'm going to buy a dSLR too, very soon XD I've been thinking about getting Canon 60D =D

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Ooh very nice :) xx

Anonymous said...

Yay for the new camera!! The pictures are really nice~

I love your hair colour btw =)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Ooh I'm so jealous! I'm still using an old cam...lol. Congrats on yours! It looks amazing. =D

Magdalena said...

Congratulations, honey!!! It is a really nice purchase! It looks so nice with that red touch!
I really need to buy a new camera..

Have a great weekend!! xoxoxo

Tinuke B said...

Lovely camera, as you know from twitter I am very very jealous! Have fun taking pics of anything and everything!!

Shang J. said...

Congratulations. I know how ecstatic one can get with a new camera. I don't mind your crazy pictures, put them all. :P

Unknown said...

Cool :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your camera!! I just started using my DSLR again and I'm so excited! P.S. your makeup is insanely gorgeous in the second to last picture!

Lucy said...

I love your blog so much words can not describe it. It is just so amazing i just love it there is no words to describe how i feel about this blog xx

my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

Lauren x

Marie said...

Yay for a new camera and good luck with your new job!:D

***** Marie *****
Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

Once Upon A Time... said...

your camera really takes fantastic photos! love it!

jos xx

SilhouetteScreams said...

Can't wait to see what kinds of pretty makeup photos you create using the camera. :) And excuuuuuse me, please give me your super shiny hair. And congrats on the new job!

Maddy said...

Great post, thanks for your comments on my blog :)
xo

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I got my first DSLR about 6 months ago and I still love it, only just managing to experiment a bit more with the settings but my photos have improved ten fold already

Gorgeous Glam said...

I love my Canon it is my baby! Congrats on your new one! xo

Mimi said...

yay for getting a new camera! i am thinking of getting a new one as well, and this one looks good. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Stages of Beauty Giveaway :)