; />

Saturday 24 May 2014

Piling it on for Autumn

Winter is definitely creeping in but last week we had a lovely warm spell so I celebrated by throwing my foundations in the corner and whipping out my tinted moisturisers. I'm a little (a lot) obsessed with Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser, to the point that when it came to going out with som friends for a meal I couldn't bring myself to putting a foundation on despite craving so full coverage. So for one of the first times I layered up.

I'm not a fan of building up foundations, or tinted moisturisers, I apply one layer, buff it in really well and I'm good. If it's not enough coverage then I just accept that's the way that foundation works and smother my face in concealer. (for the most part LM tinted moisturiser gives the perfect daily coverage)
So I put an awful lot of LM's Tinted moisturiser on, and despite being doubtful of the finish, I've fallen even more in love with it. You really can get it to a solid medium, verging on full-ish coverage! And the best bit is the finish doesn't vary - it's still the lovely blend of dewy-satin finish!

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eye Eraser, Benefit they're real, Maybelline liner, Mac Camomile & Patina, Smashbox Avant/Garde, Benefit hula, L'Oreal BrowArtist
and, not pictured here, but lots of Baptiste XXL Volume dry shampoo to make my hair a little crazy
I kept the restt of my make up super simple for the evening, neutral lightly shimmer shadows, a lighter concealer than normal for under my eyes, and I didn't go for a lipstick, as when I'm going out for dinner I just can't bare to put some on when I don't its going to come right off.. and probably into my mouth while eating - not a pleasant thought. 

No comments: